عنوان مقاله [English]
Composting as one of the municipal solid waste management strategies aims to reduce size and weight of excreted substances, to abate odor and leachate, increase resource recovery and reduce the cost of disposal. Environmental impact assessment (EIA) of compost plants is required for compliance with laws and regulations. EIA is one of the effective methods to protect environment. The aim of this study is environmental impact assessment of five candidate locations for compost plant and landfill in east and west of the Golestan Province. Considering new comprehensive and more objective methods of EIA can help improve the environment. In this study, the effects of compost plants on the environment of Golestan Province are evaluated in five sites. In the first step, the sites were visited and a GIS data base was compiled. Then, the maps of the potential environmental pollutions were generated in GIS for each site and relevant data extracted. The results of this part were entered into conditional probability table (CPT) of Bayesian network. Bayesian Belief Network is used in this study and is based on Bayes theory. The result of Bayesian network in each site was weighted with analytical hierarchy process (AHP) method. Then, technique for ordered preference of similarity to ideal solution (Topsis) was used to prioritize the sites. The results of this study showed that in eastern part of Golestan Province, site 2 and in the western part site 4 are the best. The results of this study confirm those of fuzzy matrix with compensating factor. Bayesian Belief network was found useful in EIA for entry of expert knowledge and display of the uncertainty in the status.
- Abduli, M.A., 2001. Recycling and Disposal of Solid Waste; Codification Appropriate Methods of Disposal and Compost. Volume 3. Organization of city, 207 p. (in Persian)
- Abduli, M.A., Rasapour, M. and Kamali, S.M., 2008. Composting: Design, Construction and Principles. 1st Ed. Tehran. Tehran University Publisher, 206 p. (in Persian)
- Cain, J., 2001. Planning Improvements in Natural Resources Management. Center for Ecology and Hydrology, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, UK, 124 p.
- Crome F. H. J, Thomas M. R. and Moore L. A., 1996. A novel Bayesian approach to assessing impact of rain forest logging. Ecological Applications, 6(4), P. 1104-1123.
- Heckerman, D., Geiger, D. and Chickering, D.M., 1994. Learning Bayesian networks: the combination of knowledge and statistical data. In: Lopez, R. and Poole, D. (Ed.). Proceedings of the 10th conference of Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Francisco, Calif. pp. 293-301.
- Kuikka, S., Hilden, N., Gislason, H., Hansson, S., Sparholt, H. and Varis, O., 1999. Modeling environmentally driven uncertainties in Baltic cod (Gadus morhua) management by Bayesian influence diagrams. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 56, 629-641.
- Lanini, S., 2006. Water management impact assessment using a Bayesian network model. 7th International Conference on Hydroinformatics. Nice, France.
- Marcot, B.G., Holthausen, R.S., Raphael, M.G., Rowland, M.M. and Wisdom M.J., 2001. Using Bayesian belief networks to evaluate fish and wildlife population viability under land management alternatives from an environmental impact statement. Forest Ecology and Management 153, 29-42.
- Monavari, M., 2007. The Standard of Landfill Environmental Impact Assessment. Sinesorkh Publisher, 152 p. (in Persian)
- Neopolitan, R.E., 2003. Learning Bayesian Networks. Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago, Illinois, 693 p.
- Neyshaburi, M. and Reyhanitabar, A., 2010. Interpretation of Soil Test Results. Tabriz University Publisher. (in Persian)
- Noori J. and Neshat Sh., 1995. Guidance of Environment and Development. Conservation of Environment, Tehran, 120 p.
- Renard, K.G., Foster, G.R., Weesies, G.A., McCool, D.K., and Yoder, D.C., 1997. Predicting soil erosion by water: A guide to conservation planning with the Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation (RUSLE). USDA_Agriculture Handbook, No 703.
- Rezaei, A., 1998. Concept of Probability and Statistics. Mashhad Publisher, 431 p. (in Persian)
- Sadoddin, A., Letcher, R. A., Jakeman, A. J., Croke, B. and Newham, L. T. H., 2009. Bayesian network modeling for assessing the biophysical and socio-economic impacts of dryland salinity management. 18th World IMACS/ MODSIM Congress, Cairns, Australia 13-17 July 2009.
- Salman Mahini, A. and Momeni, A., 2008. Upgrade the methods of EIA in Iran. In: Proceedings of 9th Environmental impact assessment conference. pp. 78-85. (in Persian)
- Sarabi, Z., Najafi, A. and Salman Mahini, A., 2010. Using matrics by fuzzy method in EIA of Landfill in Golestan province and choice the best alternative. MSc thesis. Environment group. Tarbiat Modares University. Noor, 137 p. (in Persian)
- Spiegelhalter, D.J., Dawid, A.P., Lauritzen, S.L. and Cowell, R.G., 1993. Bayesian analysis in expert systems. Statistical Science 8, 219-283.
- Taheri, S. and Ashrafzadeh, M., 2009. EIA of development the landfill in Shiraz. 12th National Conference of Environmental Health, Shahid Beheshti University, pp. 2518-2527. (in Persian)
- Tattari S, Schultz T. and Kuussaari M., 2003. Use of belief network modeling to assess the impact of buffer zones on water protection and biodiversity. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment. 96, P 119-132.
- Varis O., 1996. Bayesian decision analysis for environmental and resource management. Environmental Modeling and Software. 12, p. 177-185.