عنوان مقاله [English]
Due to widespread areas of natural or manmade woodlands of mountain almond (Amygdalus scoparia Spach.) and extensive rainfed grape (Vitis vinifera L.), this study was conducted to compare between potential carbon sequestrations of these two shrubs in Fars province. Samples were taken from the whole biomass of both plants include above and underground parts and carbon sequestration rate of each organs was estimated using combustion method in laboratory. Also, potential carbon sequestration of the whole biomass, litter and soil at depths of 0-15, 15-30, 30-50 cm were estimated. Data of Plant parts, soils of understory and open spaces and different soil depths were analyzed using one-way ANOVA design and Duncan's test in SPSS software (ver.19). The results showed that there is a significant difference in carbon sink among different plant’s parts (leaf, stem, trunk, root and litter) (p<0.05). Grape trunk and almond stem had the most potential in carbon sequestration. Almond soil showed more carbon accumulation than grape yard soil. Based on the results obtained, annual carbon sequestration capacity of mountain almond and grape was 5.88 and 30.55 kg ha-1 and soil carbon sequestration of mountain almond and grape yard was 354.1 and 271.4 tha-1 during 20 and 33 years respectively.
- Abdi, N., 2005. Estimation of carbon sequestration by Astragalus, tragacantha in Markazi and Esfahan provinces. PhD thesis of rangeland science. Islamic Azad University of Tehran, Branch: Sciences and Researches.
- Azarnivand, H., Jonaidi Jafari, H., Zare Chahooki, M., A., Jafari, M., Nikoo, S., 2009. Effect of grazing on carbon sequestration and nitrogen storage of ecosystem on Artemisiarangeland in Semnan province. Rangeland Journal 4, 590-610.
- Baker, T.R., Phillips, O.L., Malhi, Y., Almeidas, S., Arroyo, L., Difiore, A., Erwine, T., Killen, T.J., Laurance, S.G., Laurance, W.F., Lewis, S.L., Lloyd, J., Monteagudu, A., Neill, D.A., Pationo, S., Pitman, N.A., Silva, J.M.,Vasquez Martinez, R., 2004. Variation in wood density determines spatial patterns Amazonian forests. Global Change Biology 10, 545-562.
- Bordbar, K., 2004. Investigation of carbon storage in Eucalyptus and Acacia forest in Fars province.PhD thesis of forestry. Islamic Azad university of Tehran, Branch: Sciences and Researches.
- Emami, A., 1996. Plant Analysis. Agricultural Research, Education and Extension Organization, Soil and Water Research Institute, Tehran, pp. 96-98(in Persian).
- Foroozeh, M., 2006. Soil and dominant plant carbon sequestration in flood spreading in Garbaygan-Fasa. MSc thesis of rangeland science. Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources University of Gorgan(in Persian).
- Foroozeh, M.R., Heshmati, Gh., Ghanbarian, Gh., Mesbah, H., 2008. Carbon sequestration comparison of Helianthemum lippii (L.) Pers. Dendrostellera lessertii (Wikstr.) Van Tiegh. andArtemisia sieberi Besser. in arid angelands of Iran (Case study: Garbaygan-Fasa plain). Journal of Environmental Studies. 34, 65-72(in Persian).
- Jafari haghighi, M., 2003. Methods of Soil Sampling and Physiochemical Analysis. Zoha press. Tehran, 236 p(in Persian).
- IPCC., 2007. Climate change, the scientific basis. IPCC fourth assessment, a report of working group of the intergovernmental panel on climate change. 18pp.
- Kalbasi, M., 1996. Organic materials in Iran soils and role of composite nutrients. Proceeding of 5th Iranian Soil National Congress, Mashad, Iran. pp. 65-72.
- Lal, R., 2004. Soil carbon sequestration to mitigate climate change, Geoderma, Vol. 123(1)1- 22.
- Mesbah, H.S., 2009. Estimation of carbon sequestration of dominant plants and soil in Bamoo nationalpark. Final research report.Department of Environment. 55 p. (in Persian).
- Nobakht, A., Poormajidian, M., Hojati, S., Fallah, A., 2010. Comparison between soil carbon sequestration in hardwood and coniferous forests (Case Study: Dahmian forestry project). Final researchreport. 11 p(in Persian).
- Plan and budget organization, 1993. Economic and social situation of Fars province, "vegetation", Informatics centre for development studies of south.Tehran 227 p(in Persian).
- Rice, C.W., 2000. Soil organic C and N in rangeland soils under elevation CO2 and land management. Advances in terrestrial ecosystem carbon inventory, measurements and monitoring conference in Raleigh, North Carolina,USA, pp.15-24.
- Schlesinger, W. H., 1984. Soil organic matter: A source of atmospheric CO2. In: The role of terrestrial vegetation in the global carbon cycle, pp 111-127.
- Schuman, G.E., Janzen, H., Herrick, J.E., 2002. Soil carbon information and potential carbon sequestration by rangelands, Environmental Pollution. 116, 391-396.
- Singh, G., Bala, N., Chaudhuri, K.K., Menna, R.I., 2003. Carbon sequestration potential of common access resources in arid and semi-arid regions of northwestern India. Indian Forester 129(7) 859-864.
- Sinoga, J.D.R; Pariente, S; Diaz, A.R; Francisco, J; Martinez, M., 2011. Variability of relationships between soil organic carbon and some soil properties in Mediterranean rangelands under different climatic conditions. Catena. 9pp.
- Tamartash, R. M., Yousefian, M., Mahdavi, Kh., Mahdavi, M., 2012. Investigation of enclosure effect on Artemisia carbon sequestration in the arid zone of Semnan province. Journal of Natural Environment 65(3) 341-352(in Persian).
- Tayyeb, A., 2012. Application of near ground photography (NGP) and it’s efficiency comparison with traditional methods to estimate the most important attributes of vegetation in arid and semi-arid regions. MSc thesis of Desert Management. Shiraz University, Shiraz. 89 p(in Persian).
- UNFCCC, 2010. United Nations Farmework Convention on Climate Change, UNEP/WMO. Available from http://www.unfccc.int. Accessed 21th September 2011.
- Varamesh, S., 2009. Comparison between coniferous and broadleaves trees of city forests (Case study: Chitgar park in Tehran). MSc thesis of forestry. Tarbiat Modarres University. 130 p(in Persian).
- Woomer, D.L., Tourc, A.S., 2004. Carbon stocks in Senegal Sahel transition zone. Journal of Arid Environment. 59(3)499-510.
- Zarinkafsh, M., 1993. Soil Survey Methods of Analysis for Soil, Plant and Water. Tehran University Press. 342 p(in Persian).