عنوان مقاله [English]
Recent experiences on disregarding the environment and continuous development have caused human to conclude that the only way to protect nature in long-term is to pay attention to environmental abilities and limitations. One of the most actions taken in this regard in management and development planning is to determine ecosystem vulnerabilities. In this way, by identifying vulnerable and sensitive areas, one will be able to prevent developments beyond the ecological abilities. Torghabeh-Shandiz Township is one of the regions in Razavi Khorasan province that was under constant developments such as buildings, establishing new residential complexes (apartments and villas) during the recent years, mostly for tourism. The objective of this study is to determine and to classify the ecological vulnerability in this area using the “objective method”. For this, the region was transformed into 94 cells, 1600 ha each, and the vulnerability and classification of each cell were calculated based on different environmental gradients such as: slope, aspect, elevation, soil depth, vegetation density, climate, and geology. The results show that 19.21% of the total area was vulnerable, 53.35% sensitive, 18.4 % susceptible, and 9.28% of it was classified in resistant category
- Aghnoum, M., Feghhi, J., Makhdoum, M., Jabbarian Amiri, B., 2013. Determination of ecological vulnerability in Patom district of Kheyrud forest using objective vulnerability method, Natural Environment 3, 245-254 (In Persian).
-Alizadeh, K., 2003. The tourists effect on environmental resources. Geographical researches 44, 55 – 70. (In Persian)
- Azaridehkordi, F. and Khazaei, N., 2009. Decision support systems for Rapid Environmental Impact Assessment in Degradation Assessment Landscape of Shafaroud Watershed, Environmental Studies, 51, 69-80.
-Botkin, D., Keller, E., 2009. Environmental Science: Earth as Living Planet. 6th Edition. University of Mashhad Press, 680 p.
- De Lange, H. J., Sala, S., Vighi, M., Faber, J. H. 2010. Ecological vulnerability in risk assessment - A review and perspectives. Science of The Total Environment 408, 3871-3879.
-Feiznia, S., 2008. Applied Sedimentology Based on Soil Erosion and Sediment Production. University of Agricultral Scince and Naturnal Reesources press. 356 p.
- Gao, J. Liu, Y., 2010. Determination of land degradation causes in Tongyu County, Northeast China via land cover change detection. Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation 12: 9–16
-Haines Young, R. Potshin, M. Cheshire, D., 2006. Defining and identifying Environmental Limits for Sustainable Development. a Scoping Study. Final Full Technical Report to Defra, 103 p.
-Jabbarian Amiri, B., 1998. Introduction an objective method for determining the ecological vulnerability of ecosystems. Environmental Study 21 & 22, 57 – 68. (In Persian)
-Jahani, M., Noie, F., 2007. Study the effective factors on migration of rural – urban in Torghabeh village.Geographical sciences 7 & 8, 124 – 141. (In Persian)
-Jalalian, A., Ayyobi, Sh., 2006. Land Evaluation, Esfahan University of Technology press. 398 p.
Khazaei, N. Azari Dehkordi, F., 2008. Forest Landscape Degradation Assessment in Dokeh watershed,
Iran. Environmental Application and Science 2: 91-100.
- Lausch, A., Herzog, f. 2002. Applicability of Landscape Metrics for the Monitoring of Landscape Change: Issues of Scale, Resolution and Interpretability. Ecological Indicators, 1, 3-15.
-Makhdoum, M., 2002. Degradation model: a quantitative EIA instrument, acting as a Decision Support System (DSS) for environmental management. Environmental management 30: 151-156.
- Makhdoum, M., 2005. Fundamental of Land use Planning, 7th Edition. University of Tehran Press. 289p
- Neil Adger, W., 2006. Vulnerability, Global Environmental Change 16, 268-281.
- Rossi, E. and Kuitunen, M., 1996. Ranking of habitats for the assessment of ecological impact in land use planning, Biological Conservation, 77, 227-234.
-Safaian, N. Shokri, M. Jabbarian Amiri, B., 2004. Environmental Impact Assessment of Development in the North of Iran. Environmental Studies 13 (3): 319-323.
-Safaian, N., Shokri, M., Jabbarian, B., 2004. Determination the ecological vulnerability in the ecosystems of southern coast of the Caspian sea. Environmental Study 29, 45 – 50. (In Persian)
-Sheikh Goodarzi, M., AlizadehShabani , Salman Mahiny A., Feghhi J., 2012. Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of Korganroud watershed, using landscape degradation model, Natural resources 2, 223 – 234. (In Persian)
- Turner, B. L., Kasperson, R. E., Matson, P. A., McCarthy, J. J., Corellg, R. W., Christensen, L., Eckley, N., Kasperson, J. X., Luerse, A., Martello, M. L., Polsky, C., Pulsipher, A., Schiller, A. 2003. A framework for vulnerability analysis in sustainability science. PNAS, 14, 8074-8079.
-Yarali, N., Soltani, A., Jafari, A., Mafi Gholami, D., Mahmodi, M., 2010. Environmental impact assessment in Ashtarankoh protected area using land degradation model. Environmental researches 1, 13 – 22. (In Persian)
-Yavari, GH.,FazelBeygi, M. 2011. Study the impact of development and sustainability in Horaman region ecosystem using land degradation model. Environmental Study 57, 121 – 128. (In Persian)
- Yazdian, F. Faghih Nasiri, L. Kiapasha, Kh., 2012. The impact assessment of environmental tourism on Namak-Abrod forest using degradation model. Forest 2: 113 – 121. (In Persian)
- Zeilinski, J. 2002. Watershed vulnerability analysis. Ellicott city, MD center for watershed protection: 1-22.