عنوان مقاله [English]
According to the increasing importance of green space and environment, decision making of environmental policy is growing at the national level and internationally, so there is an urgent need for information that could be used to promote efficient environmental decision making. In this study the economic benefits associated with Eram Garden of Shiraz, is estimated using a double-bounded dichotomous choice contingent valuation survey design. Required data were collected using questionnaires and interviews with the 219 visitors from the garden in 2010. Results showed that visitor is willing to pay 7251 Rials per day, resulting in aggregate benefits of 2.75 billion Rials annually. The present value of these aggregate benefits equals to 3.8 billion Rials, using a social discount rate of 7.2 %. This study also shows that the amount of visitor’s willingness to pay with education, income, quality and interest orchard environment has a direct and significant relationship and with the proposed amount has a negative and significant relationship. Using the Bayesian estimation indicated that ultimately both approach have the same results.
- Abdoli, G., 2009. Estimating the social discount rate for Iran. Journal of economic research, 3, 135-156.)in Persian)
- Alberini, A., Boyle, K., Walsh, M., 2010..Analysis of contingent valuation data with multiple bids and response options allowing respondents to express uncertainty. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 45, 40-62.
- Amirnejhad, H., 2006. Estimating of conservation value of Gholestan National Park using willingness to pay method.Journal of Agricultural Economy, Sixth Conference of Agricultural Economics, Karaj. )in Persian)
- Asafu, j., Tapsuwan, S., 2008. A contingent valuation study of scuba diving benefits: Case study in Mu KoSimilan Marine National Park, Thailand. Tourism Management, 29, 1122–1130.
- Chiesura, A., 2004. The role of urban parks for the sustainable city. Landscape and Urban Planning, 68, 129–138.
- Emami, A., Ghazi, M., 2008. Estimating of Saei park recreation value in Tehran using Contingent valuation method. Journal of iranian Economic Research, 12, 187-202. )in Persian)
- Fernandez, C., Leon, C. J., Steel, M. F. J., Vazquez, F. J., 2004. Bayesian analysis of interval data contingent valuation models and pricing policies. Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 22, 431-442.
- Forster, B. A., 1989. Valuing outdoor recreational activity: a methodological survey. Journal of Leisure Research, 2, 181–201.
- Hanemann, W. M., 1984. Welfare Evaluation in Contingent Valuation Experiments with Discrete Responses. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 66, 332-341.
- Hanemann, W. M., 1994. Valuing the environment through contingent valuation. Journal of Economic Perspectives, 4, 19-43.
- Hanemann, W. M., Loomis, J., Kanninen, B., 1991. Statistical efficiency of double-bounded dichotomous choice contingent valuation. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 73, 1255–1263.
- Hill, R., Griffiths, W., Judge, G., 2001. Undergraduate econometrics (2nd ed.). New York: Wiley.
- Khorshyddost, A., 1997. The role of Pricing Methods و Economic Analysis in Environmental Assessment. Environmental Studies, 20, 93-102. )in Persian)
- Lahiri, K., Gao, J., 2002. Bayesian analysis of nested logit model by Markov chain Monte Carlo. Journal of Econometrics, 111, 103-133.
- Lee, C., Han, S., 2002. Estimating the use and preservation values of national parks tourism resources using a contingent valuation method. Tourism Management, 23, 531-540.
- Mojabi, M., Monavari, M., 2005. Economic valuation of Pardisan and Lavizan Parks. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 7, 63-72. )in Persian)
- Peron, S., Esmaeili, A., 2008. Estimating the nonmarket value of Hara forests in the Hormozgan province. Agricultural Economics and Development, 24, 162-168.
-The green Space organization of Shiraz, 2010.